The first day of a new job can be exciting but scary too! First impressions really count and make a difference.
A new employee is seeking validation. Gulp, have they made the right decision and will they like their colleagues. A warm welcome, a structured orientation and a New Employee Welcome Kit will ease nerves and immediately convey a professional image.
It's a win for the employer too. After all, lots of time and money is spent on recruiting. It makes sense to settle a new employee into their role and get them involved as quickly as possible.
Here are a few of our recommendations for a New Employee Welcome Kit :
- welcome letter from an appropriate management head
- fact sheets (FAQ, key contacts, admin papers to complete)
- the 'first week' schedule (times to meet team members, training etc)
- Include some fun branded promotional items to reinforce company vision and help employees feel like they belong. These should complement the role ... some initial ideas :
- - stationery items (logo pens/post-it notes/notebook)
- - branded mug with some teabags or branded biscuit
- - lunch bag with water bottle, each with the company logo
- - ... perhaps a sweet treat (sugar free mints)
The welcome kit can be packaged into a smart box or bag to add impact.
Start on the right foot and continue to inspire, encourage and reward (topics for another blog) ... you'll have an employee who feels valuable.
Thrive Promotional Products and Corporate Gifts is an Australian based company, supporting businesses from the big smoke cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth ... to the regional towns, across the land.